[TowerTalk] EHS Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS Question
From: Jeffrey Okamitsu <jokamitsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
When I installed my 145 foot Rohn 45G tower back in
2001, we wrapped the pigtail ends of the guy wire in
electrical tape.  I used big grips to terminate the
guys, with plenty of pigtail at the attachment end of
the grip.

Today I noticed that the electrical tape has come off
of several of the guys and the pigtail ends are now
spreading apart.  They are NOT moving into the grips -
just spreading apart.

Is this a problem?  Again, the guys aren't slipping in
the grips, the ends are just spreading apart because
the electical tape has disintegrated.

Should I take down the guys that were affected and fix
this or is there nothing to worry about?

73, W3KL - Jeff

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.