Re: [TowerTalk] help with interference problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] help with interference problems
From: " Peter Forbes" <prforbes@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:14:50 +1000
A suggestion:

Perhaps it is time that Jim posted a little expose on the differences
between common mode and differential mode, as clearly there are
misunderstandings about what CAT5 does and doesn't do with the two modes of
operation.

The fact that CAT5 is wound through several turns on toroids has absolutely
NO EFFECT on the differential mode operation of the twisted pairs!

I guess if the equipment manufacturers/engineers don't understand this,
there is little hope for others in the prevention of common mode
interference both to and from data equipment.

Cheers

Peter   VK3QI