Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi designs?

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi designs?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:33:30 -0400
As you mentioned Peter it is the First Edition. Other papers he gave and
updates in Scuttlebut included the boom discussion and his reason for
selecting those particular lengths. In addition I used the all metal T match
which was grounded to the boom. I used that to overcome the low feed
impedence which I felt could not be adequately handled by a gamma match.
Besides, the all metal construction was immune to rain and most snow static,
that really offered an edge in some contests and DX pileups.

In one installation I had all 3 bands stacked with a total separation of
about 12-13 feet. I could detect no performance change from initial tests or
from his curves. When I moved and had a different tower for each band and 4
high stacks the performance was again excellent.

During one misguided moment I had two 20M Cushcraft 4 el on ~ 33' booms.
Stacking interaction at 40' separation was very apparent until I rebuilt
them as PV's That final array was at 40/80/120/160', independently rotatable
and with 4 switching options.

Carl
KM1H

Carl