Re: [TowerTalk] Tape problem?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tape problem?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:23:00 +0100
Steve Katz wrote:
>Storing any kind of Scotch product at 120F ambient for weeks on end
>will ruin it.  Especially the kind you drink.

Absolutely! We shouldn't be exporting Scotch to any place that uses
three-digit thermometers.

Back on topic, there have been several different kinds of
self-amalgamating tape over the years. The very old 'rubbery' kind was
severely affected by UV and weathering, but most of the more modern
tapes are nothing like so badly affected.

Unfortunately, many of the more modern tapes don't have the same 'grab'
- either to themselves or to cable jackets - that some of the older ones
had.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK