Re: [TowerTalk] RF Rectification in audio circuits

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Rectification in audio circuits
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:55:32 -0700
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:40:07 -0000, J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT wrote:

>What can I do to address these two cases of audio rectification without
>having to do it myself.  My neighbor is not going to be willing to have
me
>in their home, so it has to be really simple, but effective.

The most likely cause of the audio rectification is a pin 1 problem in
the TV or in something that the TV is connected to (like their stereo
system). Study the relevan sections of my RFI tutorial.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham-R1.pdf

>Would the use of a low-pass filter on the output of my transmitter help?
>Note: I already have some filtering because of the internal antenna
tuner.

NO!

>My ground is via the house right now, so I'm wondering if I bond the rig
>chassis to the tower ground on the shack wall on the opposite side of my
>house, if that would help things?

NO.

Grouding is almost never a solution to RFI problems. Again, study the
tutorial.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC