Re: [TowerTalk] Current choke beads

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n7ka@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Current choke beads
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:45:10 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2007 3:24:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  WOW.

>  At the risk of getting flamed to  death, here goes.  Actually, there is NO
risk as I know it will  happen.

>  I asked for assistance from those who have gone  before and could help to
inform me if I was headed in the correct direction  for a commom mode choke
for a 6M antenna project.  I have read I NEED to  have one.

>  IS IT TIME TO HAVE 2 RELECTORS, 1 FOR THE  PRACTICAL HOME BUILDER WHO ASKS
FOR IDEAS AND 1 FOR THE THEORITICAL ENGINEER  TO DISCUSS THE MERIT OF 0.01
dBi?

    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Sometimes I  don't know what the heck
the more technical oriented of us are talking about.  Does that matter? Not
really. Better to have too much information than not  enough.

    Those really bright guys (W6MRK, K9YC,  W4RNL, et al) have made and
continue to make terrific contributions  to not only TT but also the hobby in
general. I for one am in awe of the  breadth of their knowledge and also the
practical answers that many of  you submit. In a word - THANKS!

    And the great thing about TT is that if you ask a  question and get a
bunch of answers, YOU can decide which ones are credible  and which ones are
helpful for your situation. In the meantime, a bunch  of us have learned
something. I for one have read almost every post since TT  started and have
learned
LOTS! Viva la TowerTalk!

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC