Re: [TowerTalk] Sweet spot locations:

To: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>, <k0xu@iowadsl.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sweet spot locations:
From: <donhall161@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:16:31 -0500
Pat,

You have a good point about the possibility of multipath. This I've heard in
the form of repetitive fading while driving at night.

As I understand from my former boss mentioned earlier in this thread, he
used several stations to determine the "sweet spot" for his proposed
location. He was an EE graduate and former engineer for KTRH in Houston plus
a major player for the navy anti-missile work in WWII.

That is not a guarantee of his technical competence, but he did have some
pretty solid background for what he was doing.

A couple of times when the station "accidentally" stayed on the air after
midnight, our chief engineer reported extra strong signals as he was
traveling over in the SE US!

Wish I had a magic formula to attract a "sweet spot" onto the back of my lot
centered under my low-band vertical!

73  Don  K5AQ