Re: [TowerTalk] Good and cheap F-BNC adapters

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Good and cheap F-BNC adapters
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 22:28:59 -0400
>The connectors I was incorrectly calling crimp connectors are the T&B
>Snap N Seal products

That's good to know... however, at $5 a pop it looks like a Snap N
Seal BNC costs five to ten times more than an F connector (5x a
waterproof one, 10x the regular home depot ones) and the BNC-F
adaptors on monoprice.com are about a buck apiece in quantity of 20.
So $1.50 per connection vs. $5, and the BNC adapters are reusable.  (
I change things around all the time).

I'm going to pick up some of the BNC-F adaptors and try them out.  For
my low power application, super connectors probably aren't critical...
just as long as they aren't really terrible.

I'm also not absolutely sure my tool will work on Snap 'N Seal BNC
connectors.  My tool has a cylindrical die that bears against the flat
of the F connector inside the threaded ring.  It seems like it would
bear on the insulator of a BNC connector.

See
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/technicalconnectionsinc_1950_21931604

T&B's tool bears on a step machined into the side of the connector.

Jim, do you have the T&B tool?

Dan