[TowerTalk] Come alongs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Come alongs
From: "Kimo Chun" <kimo@lava.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:34:31 -1000
I do not know the prices but some good quality come-alongs we use are from
Lug-All.

www.lug-all.com <http://www.lug-all.com/>

The ones we have may have been military surplus unless they paint all their
product olive-drab green. I believe the housings are cast aluminum alloy
(thick) with a tubular aluminum arm-handle riveted on the ratchet. It has a
large swivel hook on the housing with a similar one on the cable. I own and
have used imported units. This one is nicer. Its body is larger than the
imports and affords you a little more room for your fingers on the controls.
Of course, they all generally do the job. However, if you want to buy
American.

We did manage to break one recently but I wasn't there and don't recall what
we did to break it.

Check it out on line. I have no affiliation with them or their distributors.

Aloha, 73

Kimo Chun, KH7U

At the KH6YY contest station. Aka KH7X.