Re: [TowerTalk] Can't guy at normal 120 degree spots????

To: <jeide@execpc.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can't guy at normal 120 degree spots????
From: "K3GM" <k3gm_qrp@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:07:28 -0400
Hi Joe,

I had the exact problem you speak of at a former QTH.  I had a hinged base
plate and wanted to be able to walk up 40 feet of unloaded tower.  The
problem was when the hinged base plate was oriented correctly, it was not
possible to have guy points which were in line with the legs due to
structure interference and lot limitations.   To solve this, I fabricated a
triangular shaped device out of stout galvanized C channel which mounted the
the tower legs using heavy U-bolts.  This allowed guying on the "sides" of
the tower instead of the corners, and it worked amazing well until I
dismantled everything for a move.  If you'd like, e-mail me off the
reflector, and I'd be happy to send you a couple of pix.

7 3,
Tom Hybiske, K3GM