Re: [TowerTalk] How to cut 75 Ohm lambda/4 phasing lines (with50Ohm test

To: <carsten.esch@appello.de>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to cut 75 Ohm lambda/4 phasing lines (with50Ohm testequipment)?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:01:01 -0400
You can use that same method with 75 Ohm cable. You are looking for the
null, not an absolute power value.

The same holds with the NA, the null frequency will remain the same but the
return loss will vary depending upon the lengths of the connecting cables.

Ive used a NA, sig gen, noise bridge and even a sweeper to a spectrum
analyzer over the decades to cut coax. In a pinch a receiver with antenna
tuned to a noisy band will work. The human ear can readily detect the point
of maximum null.

Carl
KM1H