Re: [TowerTalk] RCA and other SWL antennas

To: "Barry Kirkwood" <barry.kirkwood@gmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RCA and other SWL antennas
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:22:26 -0400
The 1945 launched USN tanker I served on 1961-2 (USS Wacamaw AO-109) had a
distribution/patch panel on the wall of the radio room. It used a 6AB7 as a
cathode follower. Built by GR and used the famous GR quick connect plugs and
jacks. Any radio could go to any antenna. We had 2 long wires, 1 36'
vertical and 1 12' whip for receivers. A lot of gear for a tanker but we
often carried the Admirals flag as we were the senior ship in the Service
Fleet (SERVLANT).

Carl
KM1H