Re: [TowerTalk] newest bestest radial material ever!

To: K1TTT <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] newest bestest radial material ever!
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:10:40 -0700
Last year I bought some aluminum wire in coils like you describe.  I
think it was a company
in Ohio and may very well have been Malinco.  Anyway, they had a 50 lb
minimum and charged
something like $3 and change per pound.  This is way cheaper than
McMaster.  I wholeheartedly
agree that alloy 1100 is the hot setup.  BTW, did you know it also is
the most corrosion resistant?
The stuff I got was annealed to practically wet noodle consistency :-).
Wonderful to work with.

Rick N6RK