Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Keeping tuning boxes dry.

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Keeping tuning boxes dry.
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 05:59:11 -0700 (PDT)
Put a moth ball or two in the box before you install
the cover. No more ants or bugs of any kind. I've done
it for years in all of my outside enclosures (RF relay
box, 80/160 switched L network box, etc.) with no ill
effects to the components inside. The moth balls
"evaporate" over time so you have to periodically
"renew" them.

73, Stew...

http://mail.yahoo.com