Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain pushup masts for 80m verticals?

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain pushup masts for 80m verticals?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:14:20 -0400
If using a steel mast then first calculate the RF resistance at the
frequency of operation. The RF integrity at the various junctions is also
far from ideal.

Aluminum is still the best for a radiator and with several others helping on
the guys that HyGain mast should go up OK. They wouldnt be selling them if
they didnt work.

One way to secure the sections is to drill a small hole thru the louvered
part of the hose clamp into the mast and secure with a SS #6 self tapping
screw. Dont use a screwdriver to tighten the clamps, a socket on a ratchet
wrench gives more torque. Assemble the sections with a small amount of
Penetrox or similar to protect against corrosion.

Carl
KM1H