Re: [TowerTalk] pushup masts for 80m verts?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pushup masts for 80m verts?
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:16:21 -0400
When I was in college, I had a 70' pushup system,
which consisted of a 50' steel radio shack tv mast,
with 20' of 1.25" tv mast above that.  The top guys
were crossed inv. vees on 40m, fed with a balun, and
switched by phantomed relays.

That system stayed up for 5 years, until one winter storm,
when I was away at college...and hadn't done maintenance checks
on the guys as I should.  My dad says it was, err.... exciting
when it hit.  The mast fell alongside the house for 30', then
up and over the top, shaping itself to the roof, and down the
other side.  We needed a sawz-all to get it off.

I've used the rad shack pushups to hold up 40m GP's, alongside
trees, here in suburbia, as well, with good success.

HOWEVER--they're no longer available.  Anyone know of a source
of 50' steel pushups which terminate in 1.25" or larger?

N2EA