Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 wiring long run

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 wiring long run
From: "James M. Daly" <AD1L@AD1L.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:55:02 -0400
Thanks to everyone both on and off-list for their replies.

After some conversation off-list I have decided to not worry too much about
the large safety margin and downsize the rotator to the Yaesu G-1000DXA. As
for the wiring of the rotator I figure I will use 12AWG/UF-B out to the base
of the tower and make the switch to a 16AWG at a lighting suppressor their.

Then perhaps the dough I save can be put toward a run of hardline to the
base of the tower; I have checked eBay for the LDF4-50A you guys
recommended, but so far nothing posted in the 200ft length I would need. I
would hope that I could find a deal because the price that HRO would want is
exorbitant. The tower is a crankup so unless I am mistaken I would have to
use something more flexible up the tower itself.

So does it sound like I am getting on the right path? Further suggestions
and instruction are more then welcome...thanks again guys.

Peace
James - AD1L