Re: [TowerTalk] T Removing Coaxseal?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w2up3@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T Removing Coaxseal?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:12:32 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2007 1:41:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I recently removed some insulators, etc. with Coax Seal  that's been on
it for 10-15 years.  Is there an easy way to remove  it?  Freezing,
heating, acetone?

        It's tough - and not worth  it in most cases - to get that crap off
IMO.

        It's not the CS that I hate  (although I do hate it) - it's the way
amateurs use it by putting it directly on  connectors, rotator terminal strips,
etc. Yuck.

        Commercial vapor wraps -  e.g. db Products - do not stick to
connectors and just peel off when sliced with  a razor knife.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH