[TowerTalk] Wind Torque Compensator Element

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind Torque Compensator Element
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:57:49 -0400
Dennis,

Aircraft types would call it a 'trim tab'....
If you look at the Bencher Skyhawk's, they have one, to
balance out the windload around the mast-axis.

If your manufacturer doesn't provide instructions on
the design/sizing of same, you should push them to do so.
If they say they can't or won't, come back to the reflector.
Many here can help you with the design.  But the problem
lies with the mfr.

Jim/N2EA

-0-

Hey Guys,

At the risk of asking a stupid question, what is a wind torque compensating
element.  I changed the spacing on some 5 element Hygain beams, and the
instructions say that I need to rebalance the boom and add a wind torque
comensating element.  Putting lead in the end of the boom is no big deal,
but I am at a loss for how to build the proper compensating element.  Any
guidance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!!

Dennis N4DD

-0-

Jim Jarvis, President
The Morse Group, LLC
www.themorsegroup.net
results@themorsegroup.net

Strategic Planning and Success Strategies
for Sales Professionals and Entrepreneurs.

Sales Excellence Series beginning September 24, 2007