Re: [TowerTalk] Inv L Directivity

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inv L Directivity
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:22:01 -0400
Oops,  I should have proof read this!    I meant to say that  this is some
gain (very little) in the "opposite" direction of the loading wire.

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:40:19 -0700

Could you guys maybe have it reversed?  Every time I've modeled an
Inverted-L with EZNEC the directivity is in favor of the direction AWAY
from the top loading wire.  The only exception I've found seems to be if
I assume perfect ground, in which case there doesn't seem to be any
significant directivity.

To be sure, the "directivity" doesn't represent much forward gain in any
case, and in fact compared to a full quarter wave vertical it seems that
the pattern is simply reduced in the direction of the wire ... not
actually enhanced in the direction away from it.  But the "front/back"
looks like maybe a couple of db which might be worth knowing in some
situations.

73,
Dave   AB7E