Re: [TowerTalk] It can be Done!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] It can be Done!
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:32:28 -0500
All of the cables in our subdivision are underground but a lightning strike
on a tree by the lake on the "farm" behind us about 100 yards from my house
took out my cable modem, router, two switches and three nic cards.  Induced
voltages, YES.  The closest it would have been to any of the cables would
have been 50 yards and that in the house two houses up from me.

True war stories, 73, Jim