Re: [TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Protectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Protectors
From: <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 9:53:08 -0400
I have a ~100' piece of burried 1/2" hardline going from my metal bulkhead out
to the base of the tower.  It's not connected to anything on the tower, nor
anything inside the shack.  I keep a beer can taped over the outside unused end
to keep water out.  A monster EMP strike I took last week blew said beer can
apart, and scorched (melted) the outside connector.

I guess I need to put polyphasers on both ends of the unused coax and add
ground rods to the beer can so this doesn't happen again....

73,
Blake N4GI