[TowerTalk] Phillystran or Fiberglass

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran or Fiberglass
From: <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 19:51:54 -0500
Hi All,

I'm putting up a small (60') guyed tower (Glen Martin 18") and would prefer to
guy with fiberglass (due to cost) or phillystran if need be.

The top guy, total length (without grips, EHS end, turnbuckle) is 70', the
lower guy length 52 feet.  So I figure I need somewhere around 65' lenghts,
maybe even 60 (I have plenty of 5/16" EHS to add a little) for the tops and 42
to 47 feet at the bottom.

So are there any of you guys who bought the 5,000 spool of 3/8" fiberglass and
have pieces that you consider too short to be useful (like the ones described
above) that you'd like to sell?  As an alternative, if you have Phillystran
(2100 lb minimum) that you feel is too short for additional projects and would
like to sell, I might be interested in that.  It certainly ships easier.

Please let me know if you do.

73,
Art, KC2G
Springfield, MO