Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Vertical

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Vertical
From: "Dennis Watkins" <Andromeda@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:31:50 -0700
If you could post a picture of the antenna site, and some
of the antenna itself something might be obvious to others.
After reading your posts, I dont think there is anything wrong
with the length just something wrong with whats around
or attached to the antenna.  Have you done something stupid
like connect a vom between the antenna and the support
structure?
What ever you do, dont take the thing down.  It will come to
you or somebody in the dark of night..:o)

Dennis  W7JX

I once had a delta loop on the roof.  I chased that thing around
all summer one year and never could get the thing to make sense
using the MFJ analyzer. I purchased an AEA thinking the MFJ was
nuts.  It did the same thing....The RF from radio stations kept me baffled.
Never did put 2 and 2 togather.  Kinda like my spelling. never did figure
it out till a few years later.  I ended throwing the thing of the roof in
frustration.
Makes me laugh now but at the time I was ready for the  asylum.
Have a nice day.