[TowerTalk] FW: Guyed vs. free-standing

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Guyed vs. free-standing
From: "David Calder" <n4zkf@n4zkf.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:40:52 -0400

This is what they make a "tag" line for. The kind of tower we winch stuff up
you can't just take down a guy wire. You'll loose the tower. I know most
hams don't use these towers but it's the same principle.

There is no way I'm disconnecting a guy. Use a tag line. It keeps it away
from everything and you can winch it on up. SST's, the same way. No guys to
go around but still use a good tag with the load line.

I'm a site supervisor for one of the big 3 tower companies. One of the perks
is plenty of spare parts. hi

73 Dave
n4zkf

David Calder