Re: [TowerTalk] penetrox a

To: k7abvmt@bresnan.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] penetrox a
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:46:48 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/2007 7:47:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
k7abvmt@bresnan.net writes:

>  Steve, just wondering about this product which I used to  coat the feed
point of my HY-GAIN 2 el 40 meter beam with...the beta rods are  aluminum and
the nut and bolt are stainless steel...maybe it will just wash  off in the
rain...?? antenna works fine, just wondering if this was worth  doing??..is
their
some other product I would be better off using, next time I  need the boom
truck to come over hi hi..Penetrox a or something else..thanks  so much for
your
time, and i will be in need soon of another bottle of spray  for the wire on
the crank up HDX-555

Hi, Eric --

        Penetrox is a anti-oxidant  used on electrical connections. It only
works on the direct connection (under a  nut and bolt, etc.) and has to be
under compression (the same nut and bolt) in  order to work. Anything not under
the direct connection is superfluous and will  probably wash away so it's doing
exactly what you'd expect - protect the  connection and disappear if not in
use.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -