Re: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:46:10 -0700

Force 12's own website says their more recent coil-loaded Delta 240 is
intended to replace the older linear loaded EF-240S, their explanation
being:

"The most difficult aspect of the antenna was tuning the elements to the
proper frequencies for maximum performance.  This is because the linear
http://force12inc.com/F12-Delta-240-140-Info-1.htm

Several reviews on eHam.net additionally report problems with the stiff
Alum-O-Weld loading wires/**/ breaking, so I suspect that also had some
impact on F12's decision to create the Delta 240.  In theory, the Delta
240 is similar to the OptiBeam OB2-40 (the choice I made as well), but
the Delta 240 elements are a bit shorter and I'm sure the OptiBeam is
more ruggedly built.

Dave   AB7E