Re: [TowerTalk] Alternative To Rohn Anti-Climb Sections

To: Jeffrey Okamitsu <jokamitsu@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alternative To Rohn Anti-Climb Sections
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:52:08 -0400
Build your own!

I don't know if they're still in the book, but I got the design for mine
from an ARRL Antenna Handbook about 20 years ago.  What you do is go to
your local machine shop and have them cut 3 galvanized sheet metal
panels 18 inches by 6 ft.  Then, you buy a piece of Aluminum angle
"iron" at home depot.  Cut it into 4 pieces about 6 inches long, for
each sheet.  Mount 2 pieces back to back, using screws, one near the top
and one near the bottom, so they hang  from the rungs.  At the time I
did it (1990), total cost was about $75.  You can see them, from a
distance, on my tower in the pic on my qrz.com page.  Feel free to email
if you need more info.  I can take a closeup pic if you need it.

It's easy enough to lift the panel off, when YOU need to climb.

Speaking of pics, once you have them on your tower, take pics of them.
You may need to show it some day, to prove your "attractive nuisance"
wasn't easily climbable (is that a word?)
73,
Barry W2UP