Re: [TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:35:50 -0400
Barry, There is an old saying that dates back before the turn of the
century:  "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself."
       For whatever reason your install in question did not last, perhaps
the bolts were only installed hand tight while being lined up through the
rotor plate and then were not tightened down appropriately ( just plain
forgotten). Or those clever little devices, invented by that famous Italian
metallurgist, Leroy Lock ( inventor of the LOCK WASHER ) were not used and
the rest is history. In the past I have been up and down numerous towers
like many on here have and done any number of chores but never had to fix a
rotor because someone had not finished the job the first time which is what
it sounds like happened in your case. Perhaps you'll have better luck this
time around though. ( refer to my opening paragraph..) - Mike