Re: [TowerTalk] FLooded shrink tubing?? Can you remove it??

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com, John Ammeter <jammeter@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FLooded shrink tubing?? Can you remove it??
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:08:07 -0500 (CDT)
John:

     Ive never sealed an outside coax connector only with filled HS tubing.
But let me offer this suggestion:  Wrap the connector with electrical tape such
as Scotch 33 or 88, THEN apply the tubing.  At least the goo won't stick
directly to the connector and you ought to be able to remove all the material
with little if any trouble should you need to re-enter the connector.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F