Re: [TowerTalk] TA-25 vs GA25GD

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jd_hudson@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TA-25 vs GA25GD
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:50:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/2007 12:40:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I'm getting together parts for a 60-70 ft 25G for next  spring, and need
some help on whether the GA25 guy bracket is needed or can  the TA-25 Torque
Arm Stabilizer be used.

>  I know where some  TA-25's are available or should I wait to locate the
GA25's

>   I guess what I'm asking, WHICH IS BETTER?

    You'd have to have a pretty aggressive  (overloaded?) 25G in order to
justify the TA star bracket. It uses 6-way  guying and is used for microwave
dishes that cannot tolerate any tower  twisting. Your ham antennas aren't that
picky. Save the money and hassle - the  GA's are plenty.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams