Re: [TowerTalk] OCF dipole and "good" balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OCF dipole and "good" balun
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:02:15 -0500
..."All the 4:1 baluns I know about are TRANSFORMERS. They pass all the
transmitter power through the core of balun (transformer). Maybe you
know something I don't know. "....

A good commercially available 4 to 1 current mode balun will have two
cores.  One to perform the 4 to 1 function and one to perform the choke
function.

If you are trying to correct my usage of the words "current mode balun",
it isn't my term.  I got it from the manufacturer of the product.  If
someone goes looking for a 4 to 1 common mode choke they aren't going to
find it.

Jerry