Re: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser Questions

To: "'RICHARD SOLOMON'" <w1ksz@q.com>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser Questions
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:21:37 -0500
You should mount them on a plate at the shack entrance and not at the tower.
Do ground the shields of the coax to the tower at the base of the tower. Use
a copper or aluminum plate to mount all your suppressors on (a common plate)
and ground that well. The plate should be near ground level outside your
shack so you have a very short ground lead to your earth ground. That ground
lead ideally should be wide copper strap and no more than 4 to 6 feet to
your first ground rod. For an adequate ground you should have several ground
rods connected by buried radials running out away from the house. Polyphaser
tells you how to do this too.

73
Gary  K4FMX