Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu - 2700 and 3800 rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu - 2700 and 3800 rotors
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:22:44 +0000
Oh, to change the stop to south... just turn the rotor ccw until it stops,
then point the antenna where you want it to be.  Clamp it down in the rotor.
Twist the cover off the dial indicator by turning left a bit.  Pull the
pointer off the shaft.  Turn the film overlay behind it if you want to.
Then put the pointer back on pointing the direction the antenna is.  Turn
the dial cover so the red hash mark is south when you lock it back in place
and you are done.

A quick note, if your mast slips in the rotor and you can't get up to fix it
right away, just pull the cover off the box and adjust the pointer to show
where it really is... the stop will be in the wrong place but at least
you'll know where you are pointing.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net