Re: [TowerTalk] moto-yaesu

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] moto-yaesu
From: "Vic" <wb4slm@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 22:56:26 -0500
Regarding Moto - Yaesu --- Not so much a tower subject but nonetheless topical
--  Motherolla is into commercial radio,  not VFO controlled ham gear -- my
guess is they will let it die out --  I doubt Motorola will see hamradio as
profitable venture .. unless the FCC channelizes amateur radio & then what will
we have -- mmmm -- are we going full circle ??

Not to many months back Kenwood announced it is combining the radio division
with it's home entertainment division .. apparently Kenwood sees the home
entertainment sector as a profitable venture compared to amateur radio, or
perhaps the board of directors sees Amateur Radio as home entertainment  ..
Kenwood tried for several years to compete with Motherolla in the public
service sector ..but ... the marketing techniques I observed used by Motorola
was enough to convince many PS users they should not try Kenwood ... even
though the radios were probably as good as if not better than the trunking
Motracs ..

Looks like ICOM may be the last man standing .. r we headed back to the days of
kit building ?? Green was good :-))

Good that I recently got a Yeasu hat -- and Mr. Hasegawa, I WILL NOT sell it on
eBay as a collectors item, I will keep the hat to remind me of a happy time in
a land not long ago  --- now back to the calculations of stacking dissimilar
yagis on the same pole ..

Cheers de Vic//