Re: [TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:25:47 -0800
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 05:43:48 -0500, Larry Schimelpfenig wrote:

>Being close to your tower isn't
>necessarily a problem, but there are a number of other considerations.

I agree that on the roof with resonant radials or on the ground with a lot
of radials will both work well.

The tower CAN interact with the vertical, depending on the electrical height
of the tower. That interaction will modify the directivity of the vertical.
I suggest you model it in NEC (for purposes of the model, you can model the
vertical as a simple 1/4 wave, but you'll need to model the actual height of
the tower plus the beam.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC