Re: [TowerTalk] F12 EF-140S

To: "'Phil Snyder'" <n9lah@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 EF-140S
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:17:59 -0800
> I have the antenna mentioned in the subject line. I purchased
> it used about a year ago. I never really got around to
> checking it out. I have now tried to assemble it as a stand
> alone dipole. The problem I have is that it only came with
> the bracket to mount to the boom of a C-3 and not the plate
> with riser to hold the linear loading when assembled as a
> dipole. For those familiar with the antenna, can I just
> fabricate a small plate to mount the spreader on the mast
> above the antenna? It almost looks like too simple an idea to work.

You can certainly mount the loading wire support to the mast.  But that
means you will have to assembly half of the linear loading wires on the
tower to get them on the opposite side of the mast.

Another approach is to the boom bracket and mount the element on the end of
a short 3' "boom".  The other end of the "boom" would be mounted to the mast
with a standard technique of U-bolts and an aluminum plate.  The reason for
this is so the element can be self-contained and tuned without disassembling
half of the linear loading wires to get it on/off the mast.

73,
Ed - W0YK