Re: [TowerTalk] Force EF-140S

To: "jsloss" <k7mks@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force EF-140S
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:02:10 -0500
I talked with N6BT about doing something similar as a conversion for my
EF-240S.  This was last summer, and he was on his way to a hamfest, but he
said he'd work on the idea.  The current line of Delta antennas is this
way, but he said that the break in the elements is in a significantly
different place, closer to the center.  I guess my concern would be
basically mechanical - the linear loading is applied fairly far out, in
pretty thin tubing.

Since then, Tom has not answered my e-mails - I guess he is preoccupied
with the sale of F12.

73, Pete N4ZR (whose EF-240S ain't bad, as it stands)