[TowerTalk] Tower height allowed...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower height allowed...
From: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:57:06 -0800
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about 160 meters and
how cool it would be to be able to load up an abandoned broadcast
tower or array.  I know as Amateurs we are restricted to 200' and for
the most part, everyone stays within this limit.  Would it be legal
to transmit out of a tower who's height exceeded 200'?  Lets assume
that full permission to use the tower/array has been granted.

I don't want to hear, "Just do it, who will know."  I already figured
that one out.  I'm more curious about the letter of the law at this
point. Thanks!

Dino - K6RIX
dino@k6rix.com