Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical
From: Gerold Sklott <gsklott@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:08:16 -0800 (PST)
I've used a 6BTV and an HF2V on 80. While the 6BTV
does a fine job on 40 and 30(for its size) , I never
found them to do anything on 80..

I couldn't run a sloper here, so I tried the HF2V, It
does quite well on 80. I don't operate 75 ssb so the
swr up there is of no concern to me, but I suppose you
could rig a relay system to give you 75.

As they say, the more radials the better. Mine is
gorund mounted and I worked a lot on DX on all
continents in the past contest.  Hey it's not a delta
loop, but for my real estate the HF2V is pretty good.

73,

Gerry  K1NY

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.