[TowerTalk] Polyphaser Failure Mode

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser Failure Mode
From: richard allen <rca@rcallen.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 03:44:48 -0600
I recently had the same problem.  It turned out that the
center pin on both of the connectors was not soldered.

The pressure from the gas-discharge cartridge had held the
center wire in contact initially but it failed to make contact later.

When I removed the cartridge, I could turn the center wire.

I sent it back and got a replacement unit.  I was not sure if it
was supposed to be soldered or if they intended for the pressure
of the cartridge to hold it in place.  Poor quality control or poor
design.  I have switched to I.C.E. devices.

Richard, W5SXD