[TowerTalk] Power rating of Budwig HQ-1?

To: 'TowerTalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>, frc <frc@gofrc.org>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power rating of Budwig HQ-1?
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:24:38 +0000
I'm troubleshooting one of my 80m slopers which has some kind of
intermittent in it.  I've eliminated the coax and relay box, as when I
connect a dummy load to the end of the coax, it's fine.

The sloper is copperweld, with a Budwig HQ-1 center insulator.  If
you're not familiar with it, take a look here:
http://www.budwig.com/antenna_connector_and_insulators.htm
I wonder if I fried this center insulator - I was running a KW on 80m at
the time my Acom amp indicated an arc fault.  There is no power rating
in the specs, which makes me wonder about it.

Does anyone have any experience with these center insulators and what
their power rating might be?
Tnx,
Barry W2UP

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA