Re: [TowerTalk] Old Style Phillystran Potting Head - #9902

To: towertalk@contesting.com, john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old Style Phillystran Potting Head - #9902
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:19:02 EST

In a message dated 1/9/2008 9:02:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I seem to recall at one time Phillystran recommended using  cable clamps.
I'm not sure if this was done with the older style  product.

    This was for the newer current product before  they had special Preformed
grips. They do NOT recommend using cable clamps -  caused cold flowing of the
aramid fiber strands - except for the smallest size  which doesn't have any
Preforms available.

    The old style Phillystran was fairly stiff and  used the potting heads.
The current product is flexible and you could tie it  into a knot. Not
recommended obviously but a quick check of its flexibility.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams