[TowerTalk] UST 72' Crankup Tower Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] UST 72' Crankup Tower Question
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:28:11 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a used US Tower 72' Crankup tower.
The current owner (not a ham) inherited it with a home purchase, and wants to
sell it as he has no use for it. He doesn't know if it's the "Standard" model
TX-472 or the "Heavy-duty" model HDX-572. Is there any way to tell? Do they
possibly have different widths at the base section, etc? I'd like to know what
to look for when I go look at it to determine the model number before I
consider buying it, as I live on a mountaintop where I get substantial wind
gusts.
LJ