[TowerTalk] Antenna Mounting on crankup tower top of 3 verticalantennas.

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Mounting on crankup tower top of 3 verticalantennas....
From: "res1q6fs" <roger.white@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:32:24 -0600
I have a HDX555 and am wanting to mount 3 vertical antennas above my CL-33. I
would mount a Comet 3 band antenna (long and skinny co-linear) centered on top
of the steel mast above the CL-33 and to each side of the Comet mount a AnteneX
220 3 dB gain antenna and a Pacific Wireless 900 MHz antenna. The 220 is 84
inches long and the 900 is 96 inches long, both weighing a few pounds each. Can
anyone suggest a way to mount the two side mounted antennas? I know I probably
cannot engineer something that mounts the side mounted antennas a great
distance from the Comet, but would like to get them up in the air and
structural sound. Since this is a crankup tower, I am limited to mounting them
on the top only.

BTW, the steel mast protrudes only a foot or so above the CL-33. I am using
another pole (aluminum) inside the steel mast to extend the height of the
overall mast length to minimize weight on top of the tower. I have used this
method before on other towers and is an easy way to go higher w/o adding a
bunch of weight on the tower top assuming the antennas on the aluminum pole are
fairly light weight. The steel mast is 2 inches and the aluminum pipe is
slightly smaller OD so that it fits nicely inside the steel mast. The aluminum
pole is shimmed a bit so it does not rattle around inside the steel mast. Both
masts are pinned.

This antenna diagram will hopefully come thru as to what I am talking about.

             |       |

Regards,

Roger W5RD
Murphy, Texas