Re: [TowerTalk] Contest Sites, Taxes & Unseen pests

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Contest Sites, Taxes & Unseen pests
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@themorsegroup.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:55:49 -0500
Wonderful thread.  Short comments:

1) Noseems won't go up 150'.  'less there's an updraft to carry 'em there.
Stay out of the bog and you'll be fine.

2)  There's a higher hill which subtends about 20 degrees to the SE.  Could
make LP JA problematic.

3)  Is that road open in winter, or do need a tracked vehicle to get to the
site?

4)  For the left coasters, whose real estate is measured by the teaspoon,
the reason the area is approximate is... Maineacs saw no reason to pay for
expensive survey methods to deal with the terrain.  Couldn't use the land
around the edges, anyway.  Government saw no reason to intrude on a title
contract which otherwise satisfied all parties.

(Land goes from heah, to thet stream ovah yandah, 'n up towahd thet peak til
ya hit the first ridge. We'da put a stake in, but ya c'aint theah from heah,
so don' bothah tryin!  They mostly talk that way for tourists, mind you, but
there IS a mindset.

My place in VT, we HAD a survey, and the neighbor farmer who sold the guy
the property 30 years before was STILL maintaining that my tower site was on
his land!)

5) I'll withhold argument over tax level titles.  I'd just make NJ residents
cry.  The rest  of you are well off.

n2ea