Re: [TowerTalk] tower leg ground

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower leg ground
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:13:00 -0500
On 01/14/08 04:37 pm towertalk@longwire.com wrote:

> What would be the preferred method to attach #4 copper to the leg of a tower?

The "home improvement" stores sell bronze grounding clamps in various
sizes to fit pipe/tube at least 2 in. in diameter and with holes that
will easily accommodate #4 wire. BUT it's advisable to separate the
bronze clamp from the tower leg (presumably galvanized) by a layer of
stainless steel to minimize the galvanic (corrosive) action: I use
sections of stainless steel hose clamps. I also replace the standard
screws by stainless steel ones.

Here is one such:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=72271-15527-41311&lpage=none

73