Re: [TowerTalk] Base of tower waterproof enclosure

To: "'Charles Reiche'" <reichec@verizon.net>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base of tower waterproof enclosure
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:23:49 -0500
Go to most any electrical supply house. They carry large plastic junction
boxes in several sizes. One manufacturer is "carlon". I got several 12x12x8"
boxes that I use. They have a screw down cover that has a nice gasket to
make it water tight. I mount them with the cover on the side and bring the
cables in from the bottom placing some foam rubber (pieces of pipe
insulation) around the cables to keep critters out. This also leaves some
air and drain area for any condensation to get out.

This is the same type of box that was discussed earlier that someone
obtained from home depot, the small 4x4" box. These are also available at
most electrical supply houses if your home depot doesn't carry them.

73
Gary  K4FMX