Re: [TowerTalk] TX-455 versus LM-354 tower

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, gdslagel@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX-455 versus LM-354 tower
From: KJ6Y@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:33:13 EST
The LM-354 top section is 13 7/8 inches wide.  The TX-455 top section  is 12
inches wide.  These towers are probably comparable.  I've  installed and
worked on both, and consider both to be excellent towers.
I believe the LM-354 comes with a 40:1 gearbox.  Cranking up by hand  takes
along time, but easily motorized.  The TX-455 come with a K1500 hand  winch,
along time to crankuo,  and would probably cost more to  motorized.

73.

Skip,  KJ6Y
_Communications Service  Co_ (http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html)
818-887-3569