[TowerTalk] Rohn 55g Base is in

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55g Base is in
From: "Artmouton" <k5fnq@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:59:45 -0600
Update on the cost question for full base for Rohn 55G

Total cost was $1,300.00 plus several pots of coffee and food for the crew
(including my wife's cousin who was the party chief)
>From what I saw from the answers to my initial inquiry this is a fair price
(concrete is $600.00)

Done to specs as per Rohn website plus some extra
Dug with a small backhoe rented by the contractor.
Almost 6 yards of concrete - bottom was flared out (no rocks here - we are
in South Louisiana so topsoil and clay - )
rebar reinforced as per Rohn diagram
gravel base

great job -
they even spread some of the top soil in low areas in back yard.
Base and one section put in, leveled and plumbed and reinforced by wood
stand to keep it straight while drying.

Now to go up with the rest in a few week.

 I will have no choice except to make my final decision on which beam
StepperIR
KT34X
KT36X
got about a month to decide.